Monday, December 20, 2010

31 Day Photo Challenge::Day 20::.

Day 20: A Photo of a place you would like to travel












I found this photo through google here: http://questionshaveanswers.blogspot.com/2009/09/why-were-galapagos-islands-important-to.html


When I was in the third grade, our class was assigned reports on random locations. It was all official like--we drew from a hat and everything. I drew Galapagos Islands, and I remember thinking what the fuck?! Ok I probably didn't use such colorful words, but you get my general point...Anyways, being the superb student I was, I did my research--found that there were giant turtles, and I was hooked. In middle school-ish I learned about Darwin and what a mind romp he was. Fascinating! I've been in love ever since.

One day.....one day I will have saved enough pennies and I will take my mini scientist there. You see, Haven is hooked, too. Example: While searching for this pretty photo above, Haven happened to glance and see a few photos...immediately she spouts, "HEY! GALAPAGOS! Why are you looking at The Galapagos Islands?????" She's six. Yep. She's going to get a wedgie or two......and then grow up to be a famous oceanographer (this is a real aspiration of hers) at which point she can give the wedgies. BUT I SWEAR ON ALL THAT IS HOLY, I WILL PUT GUM IN THE HAIR OF ANY CHILD OF ANY AGE (0-90) THAT HARASSES EITHER OF MY CHILDREN....AND PSYCHO RANT...OFF.











PS: Nope, I wasn't bullied. I was on the other side. I was that little bitch in class you wish you could have punched in the lunch line, went all Carry on at Prom, and prayed would get VD. Ok, I wasn't THAT bad, but being an adult and looking back---kids are assholes. I mean ASSHOLES. And I don't want my children to be on either side of situations like that. So in my blossoming knowledge of how to treat other humans, I've been extremely thorough on self-respect, respect for others and kindness when teaching my children. I think it's my job as a parent to prepare my humans for society---and I think we all can agree that we have enough fuck ups in the world without releasing a few more delinquents. So that's my parenting philosophy.

No comments:

Post a Comment