Friday, November 5, 2010

Get To Know Me; The Basics

There's lots of newness going on in my life right now (including this blog). Scramble that with the same 'ole, same 'ole--and I'm overloaded. I'm starting this blog for release-- to help me organize my life. 

So what is the same 'ole? You ask (or maybe you didn't? Ha.). Well here's the run-down:


I've been married to my best bud for a little over 4 years. We starting dating in 2003, my senior year, and have been literally inseparable every since. We had the perfect hippie wedding on July 15, 2006.
 We are extremely passionate people; so we fight hard and love even harder. We started our lives by jumping in head first and made our own way. We share this weird, inside-joke-filled, crazy relationship that makes others question our sanity. Some women prefer romance, some prefer comedy. I won't settle for less than both. He is perfect for me. He makes me laugh until I can't breathe and he gives me butterflies. He is a logical thinker and I'm a dreamer. He is fiscally conservation and money burns a hole in my pocket. He stays composed and I panic. I'm hilarious...and well, he is too. We balance each other's weaknesses and compliment each other's strengths. More importantly:

My husband loves me more than any other person has--ever. And it's a tough job loving me. I'm (or can be): stubborn, emotional, picky, demanding, whiny, high maintenance, lazy, grouchy, and the list unfortunately goes on. But he loves me.

The greatest thing about us, is them <3

 We have two really incredible little humans running around--we made them ourselves. Thank you, thank you!

Haven is six, and Ashton will be four in February. Haven is Ms. Hollywood and Ashton is my comedian. Both are disgustingly smart. I say disgustingly, because every so often I feel remedial in comparison. They truly are great friends, which I hear is rare. Together, they are an explosive little duo. These bebes are my everything:: They are the beat in my heart, the air in my lungs, the fire in my soul. I feel so blessed to get to be a part of their lives. My husband and I, together, get to help mold two amazing little people. Pretty exciting, pretty awesome.








Still awake? Still with me? Wow! Treat yourself--a cookie? New shoes?! I thought for sure I would have lost you by now. Anyways...

So that's my family. Great, right?!

So I've covered 'Mommy' and 'Wife'....now the 'Woman.' Me. Under it all--the homework, play dough, dress-up, work, cooking, house work--there's just
ME. Sometimes, it's hard to remember who that is. I think I like photography (stayed tuned for related posts), yoga, fashion design, MUSIC, traveling, working-out, shopping..online or in store. I like to think I'm funny. I make an effort in not taking myself seriously. It's just not fun being a serious adult. My responsibilities are more than met--more like stomped and owned-- so why not smile, laugh and be silly while I'm at it? I always try to keep positive; sometimes I fail, but usually I can see the sunshine.






So That's us. My base. My center.


Together we make the most of life and have a little fun while we're at it.













So that's it. That's the introduction. I hope you'll be back! I'm pretty random so future posts are guaranteed to be all over the place. I'll probably talk a lot about health, food, photography, my husband, my kids, and just my everyday life as a woman, mommy and wife.













PS: I'm still figuring stuff out..please excuse my messy design.

No comments:

Post a Comment