Monday, November 29, 2010

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaack!

Well, actually---I've been back since Friday night. I just haven't been in the writing mood, and I've had a lot of business catch up. But I'm here now! This is going to be a lengthy post with lots of pictures, which I hear is a no no...I'm all for breaking rules, so here it goes:



We had a great time together! We fished on the dock, hung out in the hot tub, napped, played wii, and  A.T.E.--as expected. My kids didn't tear anything up (unexpected), Oscar only peed in the house once, we only lost one casualty to the lake. (Mom's douchey little yorkie, Memphis. Not to worry he was fished out and dried off.) Dinner was great and no one was murdered. All and all--success.

Tuesday:

We used the first night to settle in. Ya know: unpack, change bedding, stock the refrigerator...the standard. We had Cajun Chicken Pasta for dinner the first night.














Then we spent the rest of the the night bowling on the Wii. Haven of course dominated.





















Wednesday: This night we spent a lot of time on the dock. It was so warm this night. We hung out in the hot tub, ate take out BBQ, the kids watched a Netflix movie, we fished (Mom & I drank) on the dock. Good times.











Turkey Day: Ahhh, finally! For dinner we had Turkey (duh.), Mom's burnt Mac&Cheese Casserole (sounds yuk--it's amazing! don't hate!), stuffing (not a fan), gravy, baked sour cream mashed potatoes, green bean casserole (thank you for the suggestion,  A Lovely Mother!), rolls, water-gate salad, lemon pie, chocolate pie, pumpkin pie, banana cream pie, and a cheese-ball. It was so, so, so good!






That night we went down to a Christmas light display not far from our vacay house. It. Was. Awesome! And huge! And Awesome! I'm sort of a sucker for Christmas displays. I'm the decedent of Clark Griswold.....my Dad's yard always looks like Frosty threw up all over the place. It's sorta our thing. The kids really liked driving through the display, too. Check out this display.. it's Santa & The Mrs. made out of hay bales--true mid-western style.



















We headed back to the house and got the kids ready for bed. The Husband and I then took off for Black Friday. I have no pictures of this. It wasn't the prettiest experience. I did get to tell a 70+yr old man to behave himself. I'll post separately about the experience altogether.  The Hub & I finally got home with our targeted items around 4am. We crapped out on the 5am sale-- the midnight sale was so irritating, it just wasn't worth it. We crashed out and got to sleep in. Thanks, Mom & Dad! We got up, cleaned up, packed up and headed home. My suit case still sits waiting to be unpacked. I suck.

 So, not so lengthy--I changed my mind mid-post. I'm going to break it up into a couple posts. I want you to actually read this crap, and you won't if you're bored. You're bored aren't you? Sigh.


No comments:

Post a Comment